- Graduate Geologist (T07) from £20,000 per annum
Our Client is seeking at least one Resource or Mining Geologist, specialising in coal, to join their minerals team. This team is involved in a diverse range of projects, mainly in the coal sector but also covering industrial and construction minerals. The team is involved in exploration projects, resource assessment, valuation, due diligence, mineral expert reports and feasibility studies working closely with their other minerals teams in Almaty, Beijing, London and the South West to provide consulting services across the whole range of metal and non-metal solid mineral resources.
- Geological appraisal of greenfield, open pit and underground mine prospects based on field visits, geological plans, satellite/aerial imagery and exploration data.
- Design, procurement, supervision and management of exploration, dealing with exploration contractors, core logging, contract administration.
- Geological modelling and interpretation, evaluation and classification of mineral resources.
- Preparation of plans, reports and other deliverables, contribution to team reports and quality control of output for which you are responsible.
- Managing your tasks, time, workload and productivity to efficiently manage and deliver projects for which you have delegated responsibility.
- At Senior level- managing staff and project teams under your supervision, project management with responsibility for project costs and deliverables, dealing with clients, billing.
- Contribute to and, when required, lead business development activities of the team, preparation of bids and proposals.
Regular travel overseas will be required, mainly for short duration missions (5 to 15 days) though longer missions may be necessary from time to time. Missions usually involve longer working hours and weekend working, sometimes in difficult circumstances and with basic amenities and facilities as such you will need to be resourceful, able to work unsupervised, able to manage risks and take decisions on your own initiative.
Technical experience will be necessary in resource evaluation and the development of mining projects; experience with geological modelling will be an advantage. Excellent communication and report writing skills are essential and at senior levels project and team management skills are highly desirable.