To act as a Team Leader in the monitoring of emissions to atmosphere at the sites of clients throughout the UK.
- Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND (preferably degree) in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Certified to MCert Level 2 Team Leader for emissions testing.
- Ideally should have technical endorsements TE1, TE2, TE3 and TE4 for emissions testing.
- Willingness to work away from base (in small teams) on the sites of clients throughout the UK.
- Practical aptitude in carrying out on-site and laboratory tasks.
- Competent in the use of Word and Excel software packages.
- Competent in the analysis of data and the preparation of accurate technical reports.
- Good organisational skills.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
- This role requires the successful candidate to work at height.
KEY DELIVERABLES/ "MUST DO" DUTIES
- Liaise with customers
- Accurate practical work, data analysis and reporting.
- As a Team Leader, ensuring client satisfaction in completing work safely and within agreed time/cost constraints.
- Preparation of the necessary paperwork prior to on-site work.
- Preparation of equipment and materials prior to on-site work.
- Safe transportation of monitoring equipment from storage at base to monitoring positions on-site (and return).
- Providing supervision and/or training of supporting emissions monitoring scientists.
- Conducting or arranging the chemical analysis of environmental samples.
- Analysis and reporting of monitoring data to the client.
- Maintenance and calibration of equipment as required.
- Maintenance of documents and records to the standard required under UKAS/MCerts Accreditation.
- Achieving and maintaining the required level of personal certification in emissions monitoring under the MCert Scheme.